Interested in Hiring the Building?
The Chapel facilities are managed by the Te Atatu Peninsula Community Trust and are available for use by groups serving the community on, and adjacent to, Te Atatu Peninsula. Please read the terms and conditions included here and if you are interested in making a booking please make contact with Hannah during office hours, or you can contact her through the contact form here. Because of the increased demand on the facilities we are no longer able to accommodate one-off hires.
What can you hire?
The main hall is next to the kitchen and has a capacity of approx 140 seated. There is a polished concrete floor and high ceiling. The room is approx 9 metres by 18 metres and there are bi-fold doors that open up to the car-park and community garden.
The auditorium has carpet and a screen for an overhead projector. The room is approximately 15 metres by 17 metres and has a capacity of 180 seated.
The kitchen is a state of the art commercial kitchen.
Chairs and tables
We have 260 chairs, 10 trestle tables, 10 large and 9 small round tables. (These are not available to be removed from premises.)
Terms and Conditions for hiring facilities
- If hiring outside of normal office hours, you will need to make arrangements to pick up and drop off keys and tag during office hours.
- Payment is to be made prior to your hireage.
- The Fire Exits must be kept clear at all times
- No Ball games to be played inside the auditorium
- No alcohol to be brought into or consumed in or on the premises
- No smoking is permitted inside any of the buildings on the premises
- Music and loud noise must stop by 11:00pm
- Rubbish Bags must be supplied and removed by the hirer
- All bottles, food waste and empty containers must be removed from the premises by the hirer.
- Drawing pins, adhesive tape, staples, and duct tape must not be used to attach decorations. Blue Tack can use used, but must be removed along with all of the decorations after the event.
- All lights (except foyer light) must be turned off and windows closed before you leave.
- All lockable doors must be securely locked
- Cleaning is the responsibility of the hirer.
- If the kitchen is used, the benches, sinks, stove, microwave and fridge must be wiped clean and the floors swept and mopped.
- Any damage must be reported to the church office and additional charges could be made.
- Never leave the front door open unless there is someone downstairs as a matter of security for the building and the users.